Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Day

8 years ago today I was in labor at the hospital with Max. Actually I think I had just received the epidural. So really even though I was in labor, I was probably sleeping. The doctors all thought Max would come by 10 am. But he didn't show up until 1:15 pm. Max likes to take his own sweet time about things. He does not like to be rushed.
I can't believe he is already eight! Time flies. Turning 8 is a big deal in our church and we've been talking a lot about what it means. And how he needs to learn to control his temper. And try not to get into so much mischief.
But really, he's a great kid. So smart. Almost too smart for his own good. I can't get anything by that boy. And he remembers every thing. Ev-er-y little thing.

He loves: the x-box, Ben, swimming, basketball, pringles, pizza and skittles.

I love that he still gives me hugs and lets me cuddle with him.
Happy Birthday Max! I'm so proud to be your mom.