Two of my favorite guys:
For Memorial Day weekend, we decided to go up to the cabin. The boys were dying to go. We got there late Friday night. I got up Saturday morning and ran with Trina. Well I tried to run, but I wasn't feeling so hot so we ended up walking a lot. Sorry for ruining your workout Trina.What is it about a boy and a stick?
Or a girl and a stick for that matter :)
These two got a long really well Saturday morning. They spent quite a while tromping through the woods together. So...Saturday morning Darrel had to go into town to get a new tire. I strong armed Trina into going into town with me to shop. Ian agreed to watch the kids. He was so concerned about Ruby, that he temporarily lost sight of Rowan and Evan. The result was this:
Pinkish purple paint - everywhere! When Xander found them he said a curse word. Ian gave him a pass because it was that bad. Ian went out there and the boys took off - which caused paint to go flying all over the deck. Not good. My dad took it well, considering. He never yells, he just gets to work. Between Ian, Darrel, my dad and Trina - most got cleaned up.
The other boys spent the morning playing games and cards.I got some cheese balls at Wal Mart. Ruby was so happy :). I know Trina is going to love this picture.
Still cleaning up the mess.
Rowan felt bad, Evan...not so much. About a week later some men from our ward came over and were asking Evan about the painting. Evan started crying. I think he finally felt bad. Trina and I made the boys help clean up.
Xander was begging to go into Greer, so I loaded the boys up. I gave Ian a break and let him stay at the cabin. First stop - ice cream, of course: Next up - the river. Xander brought his fishing pole.
Such a typical Max face.
Joe, Michael and Ben spent a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time jumping over this rail. It takes so little to keep those boys amused.
Score! He found another stick.Looking at the pictures of Greer is hearbreaking. I am so sad to hear of the fire devastation in that area. It is such a beautiful place. My thoughts and prayers go out to those effected by the fire.