Thursday, April 1, 2010

I have

had a lot on my mind lately. My moods alternate from sad, depressed, worried, angry and stressed to happy, joyful, giddy and silly. Sometimes trying to stay positive and upbeat wears me out! Especially when I am trying to make others happy too. Anyway, as I read my sister Kim's blog today I started thinking about all the things that have made me happy this week. The biggest thing (or person) that makes me happy is Ian. He makes me laugh every day and for me, that's HUGE. We hang out, watching shows and just have fun. It does a lot to alleviate my stress. Plus I know he tries to make me happy - he makes dinner, helps with homework, gives Evan baths (which is a pain) -basically he tries to make my life easier. And I love him.

On Saturday I took Xander fishing. He's been asking me to take him fishing for months. I'm so glad I finally did. I got to see him doing something he loves and I got to spend one on one time with him. Not only is he my son, but he's my friend too. He trusts me with his secrets - it makes me happy that he knows he can trust me. Since I've started working, he has shown me so much love and support. He hugs me and tells me he loves me every day. He is extremely helpful - and hardly ever complains. I love him so much.


Other things that have made me happy this week:

-listening to music - particularly The Killers, Motion City Soundtrack & The Format

-Food - homemade oreos, Jared's peanut butter cookies, Joe's Farm Grill

-friends - Tricia, Tiffany, Jill...friends who are always willing to listen to me and who understand me

-a clean house - the boys helped me clean for hours Monday

-hanging out with Nate, Mandie and their brood

-good TV (and the fact that Ian and I love the same shows -LOST, AI, Castle, Modern Family, Chuck...)

Most of all...I'm happy it's almost the weekend!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That's a lot to be happy about...hopefully, the good outweighs the bad.

Kim said...

I can totally relate to those first three sentences. I feel exactly the same way. Which is one of the reasons I started that happy blog in the first place. If I don't actively look for it, it seems to elude me.