Last week we went to see the Temple lights with the Ganems. First we stopped at McDonalds for some hot chocolate then made the trek to the Temple. It was really crowded, but we still had a fun time.
Sunday night we did gingerbread houses at my mom & dad's.
Ummm...I really can't handle this baby's cuteness (neither can Michael). She is adorable in every way.
Rowan was cracking us up - he'd pick up the candy with the tweezers and eat it. How's that for eye-hand coordination?
I love just being with my family and hanging out. They are my favorite people in the world. The best part was that because we did it on Sunday, Ian could come. This year Ian and I worked on the house together - which was an improvement from prior years when Ian's perfectionism got the better of him.
This is my dad holding Ruby before the "incident" in which my dad snuck Ruby candy. When Darrel and Trina found out it wasn't pretty although grandpa is now Ruby's favorite.
The finished houses! You gotta love our ghost/snowman. And Kim's white trash front yard (it kind of looks like my front yard).
Max did the bloody gingerbread man. We were very proud of our house and are already thinking of ideas for next year.
Our Christmas traditions make Christmas more real for me. This week we will be going to Organ Stop Pizza, having my family's adult Christmas dinner and going Christmas caroling. I can't wait!
3 comments:
Great post! Ruby is delicious. I remember when my mom gave Mel some of her popsicle when she was about Ruby's age - those darn grandparents - they'll do anything to make grandbabies smile.
My family always went to Organ Stop Pizza when I was young - I miss that place!
I love the temple lights in Arizona. I miss going there.
Fun traditions! I miss doing gingerbread...we used to host it every year, but since we moved so far away, we just don't have anyone who will make the drive for them anymore. I think it will just be the 3 of us this year.
Post a Comment