
On Friday Evan turned 3. Holy cow, where has the time gone? It feels like yesterday that Ian and I were in the hospital and the doctor was explaining that I would have to have an emergency C-Section. I remember Ian saying lots of prayers. But for some reason I felt calm - like this was how it was supposed to be and everything would be fine. And it was.

Evan makes us laugh every day. Sometimes I feel like we should be stricter as parents because he's wild and crazy. But we love him. Even when he's telling us to "Be quiet" while putting a hand over our mouth. Or even when he's peeing on the carpet by Ian's side of the bed (his favorite spot to pee). Or when he refuses to share his birthday toys and he and Max get into a wrestling match that results in lots of screaming and yelling. Because for every one of those stressful times there's a million other times that he's hugging us. Or kissing me and telling me he loves me. He's one of a kind and we're so glad he's ours!
On a side note: I didn't get any pictures of Evan blowing out his candles because he was deathly afraid of the fire. My dad and Rayna both tried to get him to sit down but he started freaking out. Weird.
Some pictures from Evan's party:
5 comments:
I honestly can't remember where my favorite peeing spot was...
Actually I lied - where Evan really wants to pee is in his diaper. He does not want to be potty trained - maybe that's his way of rebelling?
Happy Birthday to Evan. Sorry I missed it. It looks like it was fun.
Even looks so cute with clothes on. I hardly recognized him. : )
He is so grown up! Wow!
Post a Comment