Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Labor Day

started off with Bosa doughnuts (is there anything better?) and Michelle coming over to cut the boys' (including Ian's) hair. Max and Liam were a little impatient during their hair cuts but Evan was the worst. By far. And that's why there are no pictures of him - because we were too busy restraining him. Michelle did such a great job! I highly recommend her - thanks Michelle!Next we all ventured over to the Ganems. Ian, Jason and the boys tried to go to Chick-a-filla to get a free chicken sandwich but quickly gave up when they saw the line. They came back and swam with the kids instead.

Max and Liam defended the pool against intruders.

Later they all caught a really big fish that looked remarkably like Ben (did I mention that the boys - one boy in particular - are really obsessed with fishing?).


While the kids were swimming, Tiffany and I (well mostly Tiffany) made a lemon meringue pie and a chocolate coconut pie. Then we (again Tiffany) grilled steak for steak sandwiches and made a delicious pancetta & blue cheese salad. I'm irritated that I didn't take any pictures of the food. Because it was soooo good and different from what we usually eat.

We ended the day watching past episodes of Cake Boss. It's one of my favorite shows on t.v.

This morning during family prayer Xander thanked Heavenly Father for our friends the Ganems and that we had such a fun day yesterday.

Amen.

9 comments:

Brian said...

We went to Chick-fil-a at 7:30 last night and there was no line!! It was delightful. They even gave me 3 free and it was just me and Joe. Also, if any of you like Peaches, I HIGHLY recommend their peach shakes. They are SOOOO good.

Tiffany said...

Yesterday was lots of fun. I am so glad I sent the pies with you. Otherwise I would be stuffing my face right now. And Alex is so sweet to say a prayer like that. THanks.

Teresa said...

Looks like a fun day, only now I am very hungry!

Unknown said...

AMEN!! That's to teresa's comment.... now I want pie!

Brian said...

And I can't believe that Tiffany wouldn't make me a lemon meringue pie!?!?

Sheri said...

I gave it to mom and dad, Brian. There might still be some left. It was delicious!

Brian said...

I bet it was...and that makes it worse!!!

tw said...

Tricia, next time we will bring some over to you.

Brian, next time we will think about bringing some over to you.

This is Tiffany. My mom is signed in on my computer and I am lazy.

Brian said...

Uhhh, you KNOW that you want to...