I always forget how much I love live music. Especially when the band sounds better live then on their records. Last night was no exception. Me and my posse saw the Killers. Live. In concert at a packed Dodge Theater (a great venue by the way). It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Not only are they superb musicians but Brandon Flowers really knows how to work a crowd. By the end of the concert everyone in the whole arena were on their feet screaming.
I loved every song they played from their cover of that Joy Division tune to the re-worked slower version of Smile Like You Mean It. When he explained the meaning behind the song For Reasons Unknown it made me love that song more. My favorites were: Joyride, Spaceman, Read My Mind and Jenny was a Friend of Mine. And When You Were Young. It made me so happy to be there - dancing and singing my guts out.
On the way home Ian, Kim and I reminisced about concerts we've been to. Ian told about how he was once thrown out of a Neds concert. How the bodyguard grabbed him by the ear and tossed him out - kicking him once for good measure. Ian tells such great stories.
It was one of the best times I've had in a long time. I can't wait to see them again next time they come. Thanks mom for staying up past your bedtime to babysit. You are the best!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Human and Dancer
Posted by
Sheri
at
9:29 AM
Labels: music, The Killers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm jealous. : ( But happy for you at the same time. I promise.
:(
bu' were wuz MY invite?
now i will go into my room and cry!
j.k. glad u had fun!
Thanks for takin my mom, she LOVED it so much!
I have been thinking. I said it was top 3 on my list. It might be the best show I have been to. It had everything. Really I think Brandon Flowers made it.
I say next time,(there will be a next time!!!)we need to sit even closer.
That is so so cool!! I have been telling Darrel when the killers come I am going. Happy times 4 you!
Good for you! Every mom needs time out for fun!
Again, thanks for inviting me. It really made my day. It was so so so good. I can't stop listening to them now.
Do you have Sawdust?
Post a Comment