Tomorrow my dad will be 61 (sorry to out your age, Dad). He is one of my favorite people in the world. And he is the best dad. As a kid, I didn't realize how lucky I was. He would take me snow skiing, camping, four wheeling, horse back riding and pick up me and my friends for lunch at least once a month (or whenever we asked). He taught me to live life and not be afraid. And he always made time for me. So I shouldn't be surprised when I see him doing a puzzle with Max, swinging Evan outside, riding the Ranger searching for wildlife with Xander or playing Wii with Ben. His grandchildren have him wrapped around their fingers. And he loves it (I love it when he cuts their hair for free!).
My dad has always been someone who I can depend on. I have called him at 3 am (when Ian worked nights) to bring me medicine for a sick child and he didn't hesitate. He is always there for me no matter what. And I love that my dad is a sucker for my mom. He will do anything for that woman. ANYTHING. He just can't say no to her. And isn't that how it should be?
Happy Birthday Dad. I love you!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is awesome that your parents are such great people and good examples to you. He sounds rad. Tell him not to feel bad, my mom is turning 70 this year. Woowee!
Um.. No fair posting a day early. You just wanted to be first.
Dad is the greatest, isn't he?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dad and love the picture! I am so happy that I get to be a part of his family because he is just such a great person!! And you are right he is a sucker for his grandkids, wife, and really his kids!!! Happy birthdat James! I love you!
And I gotta say he is pretty handsome too!
Your dad is pretty freakin' awesome, I definitely have to agree with you on that one. You lucked out for sure.
Happy Birthday Bishop!!
I am so grateful for Jim's example. I see a lot of Jim in Jared and I love that. Happy Bday Jim!
Happy Birthday, Jim!
Yup, Sheri, I think it's a Lambson-man trait to be suckers for their wives, kids and grandkids. They are definitely lovable and dependable. I'm glad I married a Lambson!!
Your dad IS fabulous!!!
Post a Comment