I having a week. You know, the kind of week where I am yelling too much, crying too much, eating too much...and sleeping not enough. One of those.
Whenever I felt this way as a teenager I would shut my bedroom door and turn up the music. The Smiths or The Cure, preferably. Then I'd lay on my bed and feel sorry for myself. And sing, "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" at the top of my lungs.
Somewhere between then and now I have grown up (a little). I don't feel sorry for myself - I know there are people way worse off than me. But I still lay on my bed and crank up the music. Coldplay and Keane this time - singing "Crystal Ball" at the top of my lungs.
And somehow it makes me feel better.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Bend and Break
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I listen to "Crystal Ball" and sing at the top of my lungs too. It's my favorite Keane song. Are they EVER going to come in concert here?
Somehow music makes things better. I was having a crappy night last night. I came in here turned on the music and after about 6 or 7 songs, I felt much better.
Hope you have a better week next week.
If you only new how many times I sing at the top of my lungs. For some ODD reason dancing around and singing lets you let so much go. I too have been dancing for hours on end lately!
In high school I had a break up CD. Every time I broke up with someone or got pissed at them and wanted to break up with them I'd listen to it. It's amazing how just the right music can get you through.
For me there's nothing like being alone in my car and blaring whatever music I want. Good thing the week is over!!
yeah Kim, Keane are really good in concert. I saw them last time there were here:) you should go next time. p.s. we all missed my bud Miles Hunt on Monday:(
He let's me call him Milo since we tight...a'ight
Hearing Coldplay on your blog only makes my day worse.
You're such a boob Darrel.
Yea, Darrel, I'll pretend that you were joking. Coldplay is the night before Thanksgiving and I'm stoked!!!
Coldplay is AMAZING!! And yes, music, anytime makes me feel better :)
So, hopefully this new week will be better for you.
Sheri, I am sorry you are sick. If you need any help with the kiddo's, let me know. Joe can be a pretty good babysitter. We missed you last night. Thanks for the peanut m&m's.
Post a Comment