Wednesday, January 9, 2008




You know how some men are meant to be dads? They love being with their kids, always want to play with them and seem to have endless energy. My cousin Kevin is one of those men. He is such a great dad and just loves kids in general. Kevin is here for a month (he lives in Slovakia) with his wife Marcy and their son Bremen who happens to be Max's age. Yesterday Max got to go with Kevin, Bremen & Ryan (Kevin sister Charlotte's son) to set off rockets, jump on the trampoline and to the park. After Max came home he said, "you know that guy who is friends with David (Kevin's dad) and who plays with Bremen?" "Yes" I say. "He's really cool". That sums it up.

6 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

yeah one thing I can't complain of Sharrid, although he might be a terrible gift giver, he is a great "play with my kid" dad!

Teresa said...

That is so true of Kevin. He always takes time to be a kid with Bremen. It's fun to watch. I had some great examples from all of my younger siblings on parenting. My hope is to be as good with my son.

Merilee said...

I agree, Kevin is pretty cool.

LauraB said...

That makes me laugh - "friends with David" - nice to know Max sees they are friends (not just father and son!).

Kim said...

It's funny. I was watching Kevin play with the boys that day and I was thinking that he is such an awesome dad. Dad's have it hard because they miss out on a lot of their kids lives because they work. But, your kids will someday realize how much free time you had and how much of it you spent with them willingly. Bremen will have no doubt about how much his dad loves him. I think our dad was great about spending his time with us. I loved this post, but you should have gotten a picture of Kevin in there with the boys.

liz said...

zane saw the spongebob shirt from across the room and thought it was pretty cool.