Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Upside


I still have the big stressful situation in my life but I am trying to be a glass half full kind of gal. So here is my postive spin on the week:

Evan broke my flat iron - but I got it for free from Tiffany and I hear curly, frizzy, unmanageable hair is in...er....right?

Max screamed at me in the Target parking lot and some guy across the way screamed, "Stop yelling!" really loud and that shut Max right up.

Alexander was grounded quite a bit this week but I got to have some great conversations with him as a result. And he met the neighbor kids and they all played wiffle ball out in front.

Ben refused to do his homework, so while he was grounded to the house he cleaned his room and kept Max occupied.

Cold Stone has dark chocolate ice-cream - Jill treated me this week :)

Alexander needed to do a "Survival Math" assignment for school so my parents took us out to Olive Garden for dinner so that he could track the cost, figure the tip, ect.

I am the Nursery Leader at church which really wears me out - but it's only a Sunday calling, I get to play with kids and eat snacks and I never have insomnia Sunday night.

It's winter so I don't have to shave my legs.

Evan broke the remote for our family room fan but since it's winter we don't need it.

It has been overcast this week and is supposed to rain tomorrow.

Lost starts this week!

See - there's always something to be happy about.

8 comments:

Brian said...

You're right Sheri, there is always something to be happy about! Now, if I can just remember that the next time I'm stressed, grumpy, sad, tired, and I've flat-out had it....The OG was tasty!

Trina said...

YUUUMMMM! Olive Garden!

Unknown said...

Just fyi I now have an extra straightener??? If you are interested! Ditto about shaving legs it is such a waste of time. I don't think we will finish all the seasons of LOST in time but we are surly catching up!

Kim said...

I like this post. Sometimes it is hard to be positive when things are going bad, but when you start counting your blessings, more and more things come to mind. It helps.

Yeah for Alex having homework!

Christy said...

Can't wait for Lost - I'd heard it was a "2 hour" season premier, but in reality, it's one hour of "recap" and then one hour of "new stuff". Oh well... I feel like it's been years since Lost was on, so a recap will be good, I guess!

Sheri, I'm very grateful that you are in the nursery. Brayden loves it and we ended up taking him home after sacrament today because he has a nasty booger nose and we wanted to spare you having to wipe it every 10 minutes! I told your dad that anytime he wants, he can put me in nursery... I'd give a lot for a "Sunday only" calling!

Teresa said...

Sheri, here is something to add to your list: your blog is one that I frequently check as it is always a bright spot in my day. I love the stories and the fact that you can laugh through the frustrations of raising 4 boys (or is that 5?)

liz said...

isn't it funny how a 'good' day revolves around how the kids behaved or learned? that's how it seems to be for me anyway.

Shelley said...

My oldest had the same teacher for 4th grade, and I loved survival math. I thought most of them were really fun. And practical! (You mean you have to pay money to have lights on?)

And YAY, for LOST! I was so excited I could barely stand it. What do you think of the moniker "Oceanic 6"? Does that mean only 6 of them actually made it back to the mainland? We already know Jack, Kate and Hurley did... the mysteries continue!