I need 8 hours of solid sleep. No interruptions. Max and I have an appointment every morning at 3:30 am. Our conversation goes a little like this, "Mom....will you come lay by me?"
"Huh?"
"I'm scared - will you protect me from my nightmare?"
"Max, I'm asleep, just climb in".
You'd think that he'd skip the formalities and just climb in our bed, but no....he has to wake me up first. I guess it doesn't matter because then he usually kicks the crud out of me the rest of the night.
As long as I'm going somewhere to get 8 hours of solid sleep, I'd also like atleast 10 hours (5 before said sleep and 5 after) where I am child free. Actually I wouldn't mind if my children were with me as long as the word "Mooooommmm" (you know that whiney tone that goes with it) is banned. How many times do I have to hear "Moooommm he has more Honey Comb than me" or "Moooommm he ruined my game" or "Mooommm he took my seat". Jeez! Since when did "referee" become part of my job? I try to ignore it but that just makes it louder.
I feel worn out. It could be that my baby cannot and will not sit still unless he is sleeping or strapped into something. I was so sure that Evan was the calm, laid back baby that I feel I definitely deserve. He is INSANE! And he's a little punk. He's favorite things to play with (actually try to destroy) are phones, cell phones, staplers, Nintendo DSs', calculators, the computer mouse and any kitchen utinsel that will do him harm. He will go up to the kitchen drawer, reach in and start chucking random utensils across the room until he finds the fork, cheese grater, knife (you get the picture) that he is looking for. I'm worried about the amount of times a day he hears the word "NO!".

Evan can also climb just about anything. It's frightening. The other day he climbed up Ben's chest of drawers. Max's theory is that he was trying to get to the top bunk of the bunk bed (since we took the ladder down). I do my best but he's like the Energizer Bunny. HE DOESN'T STOP!
Just 8 hours of sleep. I'd settle for that. Just enough to get my breath back and gain a little sanity.
5 comments:
I feel your pain. Natalie and I were having a discussion about the insanity that kids cause. Zo was my child that I thought for sure was my calm sweet child. It was all a ruse. By the time she was able to walk I figured it out, but when she was about 2 1/2 she was named Destructo. My favorite mess of all time was when she somehow opened the fridge w/ no help, found the two gallon size zip locks of cut up watermelon. When I found her she was standing on a chair in the kitchen flinging the watermelon across the room. She was covered in sticky and so was my kitchen. Needless to say it took a lot of pinesol and ant killer to clean up the mess.
Sorry this was so long.
I'm right there with you Sheri - I feel like if I can get 7-8 solid hours of sleep I can face anything they throw at me during the day, but when they mess with me at night, I turn into a wicked witch or something! Brayden is weaning off naps and so falls asleep at odd times of the day (dinner time) but won't take a nap for anything when it's nap time! As a result, he is constantly climbing into my bed at 3:00 a.m. and it makes me crazy! This morning he paid me a visit at 6:00 a.m. with soaking wet pj's... thank goodness I had the presence of mind to "pat him donw" before I picked him up and hoisted his soaking wet body onto me!
I can't believe I am starting this all over again. I don't think there is enough sleep in the world to prepare me for all of this again!
That 3:30 appointment never ends. Joe is almost 11 and we still have 1 or 2 appointments a night.
I just keep reminding myself that before I know it, he'll be out of the house and on his own, and I will really miss that 3:30 appointment.
Luckily, all of our early morning appointments are over, but I still hear the whiny "Moooooommm" all the time. It drives me nutso! Good luck with getting some sleep.
Post a Comment