Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year













Ian has this week off work which is nice (nicer for him then me since he is currently snowboarding). Since Ian didn't have to work New Year's Eve we decided to go for a hike. We piled the kids in the car and headed for South Mountain. As we were driving up the mountain Ian says, "Wait - didn't we used to come up here when we were dating to make-out?" Fond memories...Anyhow, we did about an hour hike. It was slow going since we had a bunch of kids with us and it seemed like every 5 minutes someone needed to go to the bathroom. It still was a lot of fun. My favorite part was Addy. Her little pink backpak was stocked with Hershey kisses and almond M&M's. Yum. I knew we were hiking for a reason...

That night we headed over to my parent's house for Kim's annual birthday party celebration. We decided that next year we are going to have a 80's party - I'm super stoked for that. I had won the New Year's Eve party stuff on Merilee's blog so this year we rang in the new year in style! Actually I went home around 11:45 because Max was tired. The highlight for most people was Rock Band. Paul's sister brought her X-Box 360 and Rock Band game. Ian and Tricia were in heaven. I had to pry Ian away from it to play some games. Good times. Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully I can get it together and post my New Year resolutions...we shall see.

P.S. Tiffany and I saw the movie "Juno" yesterday. Hilarious (although not for kids) and a little bit of a tear jerker.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay just so you know, you really should have played ROCK BAND. you didn't even try. You too would have been down there all night!! Also I am jealous of Juno i have heard good things about it. but I saw the previews so I already know the tears will come out! We should definatly go hiking again too!.. or perhaps the snow!!

Tiffany said...

Seriously, I keep thinking about Juno. It was hilarious and I just decided that I want to see it again. Right now! That sounds way more fun than bathing my kids. Oh wait my husband is snowboarding so I will be bathing my kids and NOT seeing a great movie. Reality stinks.

And to Tricia-I am waiting for the van to pull up to my house and remove a dollhouse.

Trina said...

Ha! That was a fun hike! We should do it again many times! I agree the best part was the m&m's duh!
Thanx Addy!

Merilee said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri - been a long time. It was nice to see your family and how you have grown. Of course, the first thing I wondered was if you have a mold and mildew detector in your house! Oh the fun times and the laughs. Its a good thing you have such a good sense of humor. I am still with Little Caesars, but at the Val Vista/Southern location. If you are ever out that way, stop and say Hi, just not Friday nite.