Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happily Ever After


I love movies with happy endings. There is enough sadness in real life - I don't need to see it at the movies. The other night my mom and I saw "P.S. I Love You". I cried throughout the whole movie. Although it didn't have a wonderfully happy ending I loved how Holly the main character grew and changed. And I loved how everything didn't end up perfect but she ended up all right.

It got me thinking about my life. About the decisions I've made. I always marvel that one little decision can have such a huge ripple effect. While there are some decisions that I regret - for the most part I wouldn't do anything different in my life. I'm not rich. I'm not super educated. But I'm happy. I love how Ian and I can always laugh together. We totally get each other's sense of humor. I love how Ian balances me out. I can get completely stressed out about something and he can calm me down. I love being married to my best friend and taking this journey together. Don't get me wrong sometimes I get frustrated, annoyed and down right angry but as the song says, "love will come through".

P.S. I will make cookies for the first person who can tell me the name of the song and the artist.

9 comments:

Brian said...

"Love Will Come Through" is the third single from Travis' fourth studio album, 12 Memories! How's that???

I'll take chocolate chip w/ pecans.

Sheri said...

I will gladly make them for you. Impressive Brian. I hope you're feeling better.

Brian said...

I am a little better today. Last night SUCKED! I will not lie. Just another one of those pathetic men who can't handle pain! Thanks Sheri.

Kim said...

I loved this post and I also loved that movie for the same reason. She didn't get her typical "happily ever after", but she made it through.

I also love the music. Where is "Read My Mind?" That is my favorite followed by "All These Things That I've Done."

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ashley Tisdale, I am glad you are feeling well enough to comment. I also knew the answer but Brian, I mean Ashley, you should get the cookies for pain and suffering alone. And when I say pain and suffering I mean what you are going to go through when Jon gets back from his surgery. You will have A LOT of quarters to pick up.

Christy said...

I just watched one of my favorite chick flicks "Love Affair" - got in on DVD for Christmas (another gift I "gave" myself!) I bawled through most of the movie, but I love how it ends and I absolutely LOVE the music - I'm wishing I'd bought myself the soundtrack too... maybe for Valentine's Day!

Trina said...

Good post Sheri! I also love that Darrel and I can have absolutely nothing to do but we can sit their and laugh at nothing together!

Brian said...

Thanks Tiffany! I know that I will have to pick up MANY quarters.

Tiffany said...

Maybe, to lessen the amount of quarters you pick up you should buy him one of those pincher toys for kids.


Sheri- LOVE the playlist. LOVE IT!