Sunday, June 9, 2019

Cabin Trip

We had Ben's farewell early because we wanted to make one last cabin trip before he left.  This trip was especially important because Ben was able to go through the temple for JD (Ian's brother who had passed away 4 years prior).  We had done the baptism for JD a while ago, but were waiting so Ben could do the initiatory and session for him.  It was a rainy Saturday morning and Ben and I traveled to the Snowflake temple.  My parents were already there as temple workers.  I was able to do a few initiatories while Ben did JD's.  Before we went my mom and I had a little trouble finding JD's information.  For a hot minute I thought that someone had already done the work for him but they didn't.  We then did a session.  It was awesome.

Later Ben told me that he felt such peace and comfort going through the temple for JD.  It was so hard when he died and Ben was finally able to feel that JD was alright. 

The rest of the trip is a blur.  We were able to spend time as a family enjoying the cabin and nature.  It was awesome.