Way back in April I submitted a request to win Avett Brothers tickets when they appeared on The Jimmy Kimmel show in L.A. Low and behold, I won the tickets. At first I thought Ian and I would go, but he didn't want to miss work. Then I wanted to take Ben, but he had already missed too much school. Just when it seemend like I wouldn't be going after all, Merilee texted me and said that Megan had won tickets too and was I up for a road trip?! I asked Kim if she wanted my other ticket, but she had to work so I ended up giving it to Elise. We had so much fun roadtripping to LA. Them Bogle girls are the bomb!
Playing one of my favorites: The Laundry Room.
We were literally 10 feet away when they were playing. They played 4 songs: True Sadness, Ain't No Man, The Laundry Room and I and Love and You. It was divine. Although it was a long way to drive to hear 4 songs, it was worth it. If it would've ended there, it would've been fine, but as most of you know...when you are with the Bogles, you meet the band.
At first we just keep walking around asking about the band, waiting to see if they'd come out. Then we met another group who wanted to meet the band as well - the had found the stage manager and he asked The Avett Brothers to come meet us all.
After waiting about 30 minutes - they came out. The weirdest part was when they were walking toward us - we were behind a barrier and couldn't go around it so that walk seemed super awkward but when they finally reached us they were AWESOME!!! They kept saying, "thank you" and were just so nice and gracious. I told Scott that we had wanted to see them when they were in Phoenix last, but it was on a Sunday and Sundays are religious days for us. He replied, "Sundays should be quiet and for family". Ugh could he be any more perfect? Anyway, there was a lot I had wished I would've asked but when you are in that moment its just too exciting and surreal to think about.
I'm mad that it took me so long to discover their music - I truly love what they sing about and stand for. They are the best and I can't wait to see them again!
Saturday, June 4, 2016
Road Trip to the Avett Brothers
Posted by
Sheri
at
2:22 PM
Labels: music, The Avett Brothers, The Bogle girls