Saturday, July 21, 2012

Insane

I really don't feel like doing a blog but I made a goal to do at least 3 a week so if you are reading this and don't want to hear me complain then stop right now.  I MEAN IT!  And no picture with this post...so there!

This week has been insanity.  I have had to work a lot and try to get my boys all ready for school next week, which starts on Monday.  I hate it that the school summers are so short.  I have been running around frantically trying to get each boy ready - only buying the minimum of what they need because I can't afford any more than that.  I had to get all new uniforms for Xander since the name of his school changed.  Lame.  Xander and I spent most of Wednesday afternoon waiting to change his schedule.  And then there is the whole nightmare of where he will go to seminary.  Fun times.

Thursday was spent getting Ben ready for school and going to his new school to get his schedule.  My awesome friend Christy picked us up and we went over there with her son, Ian who is also starting jr high.  I have been so stressed out and worried about jr high.  Well folks, miracles do happen because Ian and Ben are in all of the same classes but one!  They are on the same "team" and have lunch together too.  It is such a blessing.  I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  Just that morning Ben had told me how worried he was about starting jr high.

Later I decided to take the boys to Hamilton to celebrate.  Ian was able to come too. I love it that my boys are content just spending time with each other.  It makes my heart happy.  Evan and I jumped off the diving boards while Ian laughed at my diving form.  Whatever.

I have spent so much money this week on school stuff.  It stinks.  We went to meet the teacher for the younger boys on Friday morning.  I was so excited about their teachers and the classes they are in and so NOT excited about the supply lists.  After purchasing most every thing, I am broke.  I had to take some of the boys school clothes back today so I could put gas in my car.  Ben's going to have to wait a few weeks for the shoes he desperately needs.  And even after being so stressed about money, I can see all of the blessings of this week.

My dad nearly died on Monday.  He had carbon monoxide poisoning and passed out twice - once for 45 minutes.  He is only alive because Trina insisted he go to the hospital.  I saw him today and started to cry.  I am so thankful for my dad.  For the wonderful father that he is.

I am so thankful that Ben and Ian are in the same classes.  I am thankful that Xander is going to a school where I know he will excell.  And I'm thankful I finally figured Seminary out!  I am thankful that Evan got the teacher I requested and that one of Ben's good friends brother is in his class.  He keeps insisting that he's going to Miss Lisa's (his preschool teacher) on Monday, but I know he will love his new teacher.  She is awesome.  Max is in the class I requested.  He has 3 good friends in that class plus Kim is his aide.

I am so grateful for my sister Kim.  That she is willing and able to help me with my boys and be there when I can't.  Amidst all of my worries about money and other things, I am thankful for the things that really matter.  For my family especially.

Wow, this post turned out better than I thought :)