Saturday, September 17, 2011

1st day of school

About a month ago Evan started school. His teacher is Ms. Lisa - who I've known since college. She is super organized and fun but also laid back enough to not stress out when Evan starts screaming for me. I was relieved that he would be going to a teacher who I know personally and who I love. The first day they sang and acted out the Bear Hunt at school and Evan did not like that - at all. He said he hid his head and plugged his ears because he was scared. I texted Lisa about it so the next school day they did Goldilocks and the 3 Bears and Lisa assured him that these bears were nice :)

He comes home with many art projects and science experiments. I know he is having a blast and making new friends. He also loves having Joshua in his class - although Lisa has had to break up a few wrestling matches. For a while he would get mad that he had to go to "stinkin' hot recess" as he liked to call it, but now he is loving every aspect of school. I love that he is happy going to school and that he will be well prepared for kindergarten next year.