I remember when I was a kid and once a hot air balloon landed right by my house. We were getting ready for church and my mom let whoever was ready go out and see the balloon. Unfortunately, that didn't include me. And instead of being motivated to hurry and get ready I threw a fit. So I never got to see the balloon up close and personal like my siblings did (and I'm still bitter).

Last Saturday Xander and I were pulling weeds in our pile of dirt and saw a balloon getting ready to land. We grabbed Evan (the other 2 boys were spending the night at Kim's) and picked up Michael and headed over to see it. It was very impressive. Evan was scared and refused to get out of the car. I can't blame him. Standing in a basket 100 feet up in the air scares the crud out of me too.

Then Xander & Michael reminisced about using the parachute in PE. Which made me reminisce about when I used to get to play on the parachute in PE.
Those were the days.
4 comments:
I still dont get why michael never wears shoes...........?
I love the balloons. The one advantage of living where we do is that there are balloons landing near our house every weekend. Jack loves it. I also loved parachute day in PE...that was the best!
I remember the balloon landing in our neighborhood. I didn't know you didn't get to go out and see it. I guess I was just too focused on the balloon.
Bummer I missed that. One time I was taking a shower and looked out the window to see a hot air balloon passing overhead... it was so close I could see the faces on the people in the basket... which meant that they could probably see me in the shower. It was quite an uncomfortable moment, to say the least.
And it wouldn't be a proper picture of Michael out and about if he had shoes on. I sweat that boy has leather feet.
Post a Comment