Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thursday

I went to the Renaissance Festival with Xander's class. I don't know if you can tell from his face in this picture, but the day did not start out well.

I thought I was going to spend the whole field trip with my son being mad at me, but luckily he soon snapped out of it.


One of my favorite things there was the glass blower. The whole process was fascinating to me. The boys however, were quickly bored so I didn't get to see the end product.

You're never too old to dress up.


This stick game was a favorite. Too bad it cost so much to actually buy the sticks. The boys could have stayed there for hours.



The Wylde Men show was by far the best. Is there anything better than comedy combined with mud wrestling? I think not. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the drummer - he was awesome.

Anytime Xander can pet an animal, he is in heaven. He could have held this goose for hours.

Michael told me he can talk to birds. He wasn't kidding. That boy cracks me up.
You gotta eat a turkey leg at the Renaissance Festival. The boys looked forward to it all morning.




After they bought their swords (with their own money, might I add). Michael, Xander and H took a shot at throwing Chinese stars. The guy at the booth told them to turn around and bawk like chickens - which they did. No questions asked. It was a great photo op. Btw, H's mom is a talented artist. Check out her blog here.



Stephanie (H's mom) took this picture of me and my boy(s). Michael is the son I never had :)
I like this picture of me because I'm wearing my favorite jeans. They are the softest most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever owned.

When we were getting ready to leave I got a group shot with Xander's teacher. She's so much fun.

Favorites of the Festival included:
-Wylde Men show
-The jousting tournament (even though our guy lost)
-chocolate covered strawberries
-the falconer

But most of all...spending time with my son :)

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I LOVE the renaissance festival. I'm so jealous.

It's so nice that you take the time to do all of these fun and memorable activties with your boys.

Christy said...

We went to the Renaissance Festival a few years ago. It was great. Although I kept having the cover the boys eyes everytime a woman with extra cleavage walked by... which was like every 2 minutes!

Sheri said...

I didn't see any cleavage - but that could've been because it was a day when only schools were there.

Becca said...

How fun - I loved dressing up for the renaissance festival!!
But, I am totally afraid of geese.