Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I need to tell you a secret

I love this boy. It was hard for me on Sunday when he graduated from Nursery to Sunbeams at church. I cried when I realized that he is no longer my baby (although he still wears diapers and has a binky - don't judge!) and that he is my last. It makes me want to enjoy him more.

I love it when Evan tells me secrets. He doesn't really do it to anyone but me. He'll say, "I need to tell you a secret" and then he'll whisper something in my ear. Sometimes he'll say, "I love you" or "stop being mean". Other times he'll say something nonsensical like, "1, 5, 8" or my personal favorite, "binky peanuts!".

The other day Ian, Evan and I were laying in bed watching Chuck (holy cow I forgot how funny that show is) and Evan leaned over and whispered, "I need to tell you a secret in your ear". I leaned over and he whispered, "binky peanuts!". I asked him to repeat it and he said it again. Ian and I had to pause the episode we were laughing so hard.

If we could only figure out what he meant....

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Your kids are all so funny. I love reading your updates!

Becca said...

Yum! Binky peanuts sound good.

Kim said...

I need to tell you a secret: "Evan is awesome."