*Picture stolen from Kim's blog
Out of all my kids Max is the most challenging. I don't feel bad saying that. Sometimes I think it's his personal mission to drive me insane or to a nervous breakdown. Lately he's been defiant, mean and loud. Really, really loud. Yesterday we were driving in the car to get the older boys from school and Max kept talking and talking and talking. About nothing really. Mostly he'd say things like, "What's color is that car?" or "Do you love Dr. Pepper?" Just to annoy me. He does stuff like that all the time to get under my skin. And I'm ashamed to say it works. ALOT. Finally I said, "Max, you need to just chill out and relax." To which he replied, "Mom, I'll relax when I go to the rest-room."
Out of all my kids Max is the most challenging. I don't feel bad saying that. Sometimes I think it's his personal mission to drive me insane or to a nervous breakdown. Lately he's been defiant, mean and loud. Really, really loud. Yesterday we were driving in the car to get the older boys from school and Max kept talking and talking and talking. About nothing really. Mostly he'd say things like, "What's color is that car?" or "Do you love Dr. Pepper?" Just to annoy me. He does stuff like that all the time to get under my skin. And I'm ashamed to say it works. ALOT. Finally I said, "Max, you need to just chill out and relax." To which he replied, "Mom, I'll relax when I go to the rest-room."
Last night as he layed in bed I went in to check on him. When I sat on his bed he said, "Mom, it's your birthday tomorrow and I don't have a present for you." It almost made me cry it was so sweet. I replied, "The best present you could give me would be to mind what I say tomorrow." "I will! I will all day!" he replied.
Then he paused for a second and said, "What about if I just mind for half of the day?"
8 comments:
That is so funny! I love when you post Max quotes!
happy birthday!!! I cheated and saw it on facebook last night and I was so glad I had logged in to find out this top secret info. which isn't top secret anymore.
i hope you are having a great day!!!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERI!!! Hope you had a wonderful "Max day!"
Happy Birthday Sheri, I hope Max kept his promise, for at least half of the day.
YAE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! DID YOU GET MY MESSAGE, CHECK YOUR MESSAGES AND CALL ME!!
Happy Birthday! I love Dr. Pepper too... and diet just isn't as good!
Hope you had a great day. That Max... man, what a character.
So did you get half a day or a whole day? Hopefully it was great either way! Happy late Birthday!
Post a Comment