When I was a kid my mom used to say I should be a lawyer. I had a way (or a gift, if I may) of talking my parents into what I wanted. Alexander has inherited that "gift". And I'm beginning to see that it wasn't my persuasive skills but rather my mom's desire for peace and quiet that got me what I wanted.
This boy tires me out. Don't get me wrong - he's a good kid. The best. But if he wants something, he doesn't give up. EVER. And he is cunning. Boy is he cunning.
"Mom, you look tired, let me help with dinner" or "Mom, sit down and I'll rub your shoulders". He's good. And he totally gages my moods. If he sees I'm in a bad mood then he bides his time. He can wait. And plan.
And he usually always gets his way. He's smooth like that.

4 comments:
A "Gift"? That's what you call it? Joe also has this so-called "Gift" and he will be whatever he wants in life because he doesn't know the meaning of "NO".
Oh boy! Are you in trouble!
Smart, crafty, and clever.
Nice. I like it.
What goes around comes around.
You ALWAYS had a way of getting what you wanted.
Brian's right. Joe has the same "gift". I call it relentless.
Post a Comment