I like fashion as much as the next gal, but what is it with skinny jeans? They don't make you look any skinnier. On the contrary, I think they tend to make people look fatter. And why are boys wearing them too? It reminds me of when I was in grade school and I used to "peg" my pants at the bottom. It drove my dad crazy.
And since we are on the subject of fashion, what's with stretch pants? Are they really coming back in? It's an o.k. look for a teenager, but when I see a grown woman wearing stretch pants I cringe. Unless you are working out, don't go there. Just don't.
And speaking of working out, why do women wear their work-out clothes everywhere? I know people aren't working out that much. It's o.k. if you are wearing your exercise clothes after you just exercised or right before, but really folks is it that hard to pull some jeans and a t-shirt on? I'm just saying.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The fat on the skinny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Along those same lines - I was at Walmart this morning and saw a grown women wearing her pajamas. With snowmen on them.
Seriously.
Then again, I was at Walmart, so that might explain it.
I love skinny jeqans, finally we are out of the wasteful 90's era of way too much fabric. I will never go back to anything bigger than a bootleg cut. What the heck is with flares, hate them. Skinny is back and I'm glad. Then again I've always been scrawny and always will be...the thing I probably won't get into is the high waisted jeans from the 80's...
Yes, Jamie, you were at WALMART. That explains A LOT!!! Many of societies downfalls can be exhibited at Walmart!
Skinny jeans... not a fan (and they're not flattering) but my workout "stretch" pants from Old Navy... I LOVE. I could wear those all day. Infact lately I have been known to wear them almost everyday especially on the days I have boot camp. They just seem to stay on all day! Hopefully you won't cringe if I happen to run into you (LOL)!
I don't have a problem with skinny jeans... I guess that has to do with what era I went to Jr. High in! I coveted Guess Jeans with the zipper openings at the bottom of the leg... when I FINALLY got a pair, I wore them everywhere and wore them out completely until they were unwearable. I HATE flare jeans and it took me like 2 fashion seasons to be able to buy a boot cut leg and like it. What I hate is low rise jeans... I don't think they are flattering on anyone... they just don't do it for the rear-end. Maybe I've just never got a good fit on them, but I hate having to wear a belt just to keep my pants up when I sit down. Totally annoying...
By no means am I fashion conscious, what is in and out and all that, but I have to say, I like the skinny jeans - on girls, not boys. They have that sort of "mod" feel from the 60's and I really like that. On boys it just looks like they are trying too hard to be cool and they come off looking girly. Also, you HAVE to be skinny to pull off the skinny jeans, which is why you will NEVER see me in them.
Stretch pants - comfy, but NOT fashionable. One thing that I've noticed that should NEVER happen is wearing tights as pants - NO NO NO!!!!
I think people wear their workout clothes because they are comfy.
Jamie, if pajama pants were socially acceptable, I would wear them every day. But only the plaid ones - no snowman pants.
Well, crap. Guess I won't be busting out my stretch pants and leg warmers anytime soon around you!!!
I think some skinny jeans, on some people are cute. Never on me...can you say upside down triangle. I hate stretch pants, but I do like a good pair of tights. And is your exercise comment about my saucy gas station outfit? And no, I couldn't pull on a pair of jeans that day. So I took my kids to school (and got out of the car), picked them up from school, went to the gas station, and taught piano. Tayler would die if she knew.
Skinny jeans only look good on girls with no hips--so my 14 year old step-daughter looks adorable in them. Most real women should just avoid them at all costs.
I am definately not a real woman, ha ha I have very little hips if any! I think skinny is fine on guys, depends...what I hate even more than a skinny on a guy is when they wear jeans that are way too big almost like a jynco, what a freakin' waste of fabric...I mean I'd like to see a leg in the pant somewhere you know...
I wear my big fluffy cow slippers everywhere. Is that okay?
I don't own big fluffy cow slippers actually.
skinny jeans look adorable on my 5 yr. old. That's about as far as they go here. Even in the 80's I had skinny chicken legs and so, not so flattering. Low rise, although you do need a belt to keep them up, actually are more flattering on me than most jeans. I think it's because I don't have a butt. Wow, I am sounding very awkward looking. Plus, sad as it may be, I still have on my gym clothes from working out this morning. I know, gross! This is one day I didn't have anywhere to go and just ran out of energy for fashion.
I have to say if I could pull off (or pull on) skinny jeans I would. I haven't ventured into stretch pants even while working out but who knows! However I would prefer comfort over fashion any day! I am one of those who wears workout/lounge clothes to run CERTAIN places and always when I am at home.
You make me crack up...I agree with everything you just said!!!!
Post a Comment