Friday night Alexander had a soccer game. He played all but 7 minutes of the game. Man, that kid is fast. And he's having so much fun. His team won!
The thing is, I could've probably gone through our stuff in about 10 minutes (and would've opted to throw 90% of it away). My theory is: if we haven't used it in the past 5 years, we really don't need it. Ian gets really sentimental and likes to keep EVERYTHING. He did let me throw out a lot more stuff than I thought he would, but we are still stuck with an old smelly suitcase, his 20-year old bowling ball and shoes and that damn speaker.
Later on Ian and I went out. We saw a movie - walked out of it and then saw a different movie. And had dinner. It was fun hangin' with my homeboy.
Ben looked so handsome for church on Sunday that he wanted me to take a picture. Watch out, ladies!
Evan says quite a few words. One of our favorites is "cheese balls". Yep, we teach um' young over here. Like father, like son.
It was a fun, productive weekend. It's always nice when you can balance work with fun.
12 comments:
You are so lucky you got to see 2 movies. What ones? Marc hates going to the movies. We haven't seen one together in probably 4 years.
We actually only watched about 30 minutes of the first (Burn After Reading) and left because it was boring. So we saw Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. is a comic genius.
i love evan's little toes pointed up. it's like a sure sign of happiness in children- those little toes twinkling.
p.s. thay old suitcase is awesome- you could totally fill that up with superhero dress-ups or stuff like that. old halloween costumes. do boys do that after age 4?
where do you get those cheese balls?????? tell me!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE old things. If you don't want that old suitcase, it SCREAMS project!!! Those cheese balls look SO good!
The cheese balls are at Sam's Club and the Suitcase is o.k., except that it smells like moth balls. Bleech.
I throw so much stuff away, and then get in trouble for it later. Oh well...
Ben is a hottie! We will marry our children. (imagine my witchy voice)
I can't wait to hear the speaker story. Maybe this weekend!
No. i will not tell the speaker story. i will get some use out of it someday...i think. hey, but i do agree with Ben and Rhon. Two sweet souls AND they look like angels too. come on, lets chant...Ben and RED... BEN AND RED!
I'm with Ian. I can't throw stuff away because I know I will use it someday. It makes Stuart crazy.
I throw everything away... Eric keeps everything. We've had some serious fights about that kind of stuff too!
Cheeseballs have become a staple in our house, except that I have to hide them or they will be gone in 2 days flat!
I love Love Love to throw things away!!! It is the greatest thing!
Let's hope your dad does avoid incarceration but if not there is always visitation days so its not like we would never see him!
Post a Comment